Wednesday, March 25, 2009

work hard and be nice to people...


today i am grateful for...


work hard and be nice to people

1. year and a day's business meeting this afternoon in the financial district. we got some solid advice from a man who looked like a combination of mr. rogers/walt disney.






i wish we had ikea tea towel

2. chelsea taking me to the ikea in red hook. my first real ikea experience. she suggested buying more shelving for our apartment to save money on investing in a storage unit. and she even bought me an ice cream cone at the ikea snack shop. and she bought me a red heart ice cube tray. and paid for my transportation. she is the best! i found these old photos from our first build-it-yourself ikea furniture experience. this particular piece never made it to the final phase, because i gave up. i hate construction.



mimi love

3. finding my "box o happiness" old picnic tin filled with my embroidery floss. i have been searching high and low in our apartment for the last few months, and today i found her!!!!



i love you more than

4. eddie treating me to breakfast and dinner. i love him more than sequins and glitter. and cupcakes. and all of my knick knacks.

7 comments:

jamie said...

hi ginny! a friend just shared this link to win passes for an advanced screening of grey gardens. since you shared the trailer, the link is www.ew.com/freescreening .. g'luck!

Ondine said...

The box of happiness sounds lovely.

I'm weirdly good at making Ikea furniture..often wondered if i could make a living out of going to people's houses and building chests of drawers for them

Meg said...

the "i love you more than" site is amazing. i submitted "i love you more than downward facing dog" (being the yoga lover i am). ;) thanks for sharing, lovely!!! i linked to your blog. xo

Unknown said...

i love this post. . .
i hate assembling ikea furniture....

Alice X said...

awwwwi love you more than a bird loves a fish. soo sweet:)

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

I've never had an ikea building experience, but I think I will have to one day. :)

Joanna Goddard said...

have a great weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.