Tuesday, March 31, 2009

an apple a day...

today i am grateful for...

1. arriving at work and hearing that it is actually my day off. and what a beautiful day it was!

2. returning to mudhoney-my original hair salon. i missed miyu, michael, veronica, hopi, and paul. miyu touched up my roots and gave me back my silver locks!

3. visiting the smile, a new adorable cafe/concept store/soon-to-be home to a scott campbell tattoo parlor on bond street. it is filled with treasures. wool and the gang yarn. sol moscot eyeglasses. mariages freres tea. and a bubbly shopgirl named abby who enthusiastically chatted me up about the store. she looked like juliet from the zeffirelli version of romeo and juliet. amy merrick joined me here for a coffee. we ate berries and cream and she brought me edison bulbs. i love this girl.





4. visiting the john derian stores. i could live in his stores. hide amongst the old stuffed animals and feather dusters. and sneak out at night and have a tea party with all the glittery easter bunies and birdies. we could pretend to eat the marble fruit and read the folk art painted-wood "book covers". i could put on a puppet show with his vintage marionettes and weigh down my pockets with his miniature sandbags. oh my!

5. "standing in the line" with one of my best friends (and bridesmaids) jessica singleton at the barnes and noble. we waited three hours to meet stevie nicks!!!!! truthfully, i only know four or five fleetwood mac songs. jessica is a die-hard stevie fan. she used to tell people that stevie was really her birth mother; dressed as her for halloween one year; and claims, "stevie and my art teacher were the only things that got me through high school". amazing.




6. snapping up amy merrick's to-die-for horse ribbons and first edition little prince book on her etsy shop, emerson merrick. i could buy everything in her shop. a true wonder emporium. i promise i won't buy everything...well, i will try not to...



2 comments:

Six Six Sick said...

This etsy shop is so cute, I'm jealous that you snagged those horse ribbons, I could find a million things to do with them too!

xxx,
Tiffany

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

I am loving your list!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.