Monday, March 2, 2009

melt my heart like march snow...

"when it comes to snow, you have two choices...shovel or make snow angels" unknown source


(credits: weheartit, eleanor hardwick, andy julia, foto decadent, lisa branch photo of atlanta, cute overload)

today i am grateful for...


*this old photo of one of my favorite snow angels...



1. the photo my sister lisa emailed to me of cows frolicking in the snow in georgia.


(la porte rouge)
2. my mom's story of playing in the snow with my dog, penny. turns out my precious roly poly of a cocker spaniel loves to catch snowballs in her mouth. this is the same puppy who loved to play tag with my mom all around the house i grew up in. i love this dog.



3. crunching and jumping in pristine snow dunes...giving sweet pete a real fine show. every untouched snow pile fell prey to my green hunter boots. hooray!

4. grossing out...everyone...by filling up a dixie cup with the outermost layer of snow atop parked cars on greenwich street. acid rain...phooey. it was like the yummiest snow cone ever. sans sugar syrup, just the way i like it! but if i could have, i would have made snow icecream. my mom taught me how to make it, and it is amazing. even though it only snows maybe once a year in atlanta.



5. finding the cutest idea on inchmark to make a magical thinking jar. go here to see how...



6. discovering anouck's photo of one of our flowery headpiece samples. we are still in the brainstorming/experimenting process for our next collection. but i couldn't resist posting! anouck really takes such lovely photos. peter, chelsea, and i were so excited when we saw this picture this morning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the collage in the beginning. its so lovely and dreamy.
xoxo,
Micaela

Unknown said...

I grew up with the sweetest and most darling party-colored cocker. THE love of my life. Are they not the most sincere, special, and HUMAN dogs you have ever known!? Ginny, I can't wait to have my own cocker some day... even though I wonder if I'm not the more rugged type now? You think they have lab/cocker mixes out there?
I'd love to see a photo of your little one... each time I see one on a city street or in the park, I get teary eyed.

Anthonia said...

Oh, I used to love Snow Day! It was one of my favorite books growing up. So glad you put it up, I haven't thought about it in years.

A book I think you'd like is Strawberry Girl by Lois Lenski.

nice-etc.com / caitlin said...

girl, i can't wait to see your collection!

Unknown said...

Ooh good evening! You have such a lovely blog. My bf took the photo of the little rose with snow on in your collage and it just looks magical amongst the other photographs. That's made my day, thank you xoxo

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

what is your boyfriend's name? i would love to give him credit! i try and track down the sources, but a lot of times i am a pretty unsuccessful sleuth.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.