*easiest recipe ever*
3 winesap apples(or any other baking apples you like)
1/4 cup of flour
1 cup of sugar
6 pats of butter
store-bought pie crust
directions for momma branch's easy peasy apple pie...
*preheat oven to bake(or to 350 degrees).
*while the oven is heating up, and you're preparing the pie, remove the pie crusts from the freezer and let thaw.
1. peel and cut apples( a paring knife works best) into thin slices( i cut each slice to be about the size of chicklet gum, but you don't have to be super precise).
2. in a mixing bowl, combine the apples, sugar, and flour. mix thoroughly.
3. spoon filling into one of the pie crusts. pat down evenly with the back of the spoon.
4. with the 2nd pie crust take a butter knife and cut 1/2 inch strips from the softened crust.
5. i ended up placing three strips lengthwise across the top of the apple pie.
6. next i took strips and began weaving them over and under the lengthwise strips. this builds the foundation for the latticework.
7. fill in with remaining strips as needed.
8. dot the pie with the 6 pats of butter.
9.(this is optional) but i dusted the entire pie liberally with a cinnamon and sugar mix.
10. bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. this worked best for our oven. check on your pie after 30, just to be safe.
*serve with vanilla bean icecream.