Friday, April 16, 2010

flowery branch...

dear brooklyn botanical garden,

botanical gardens

i've loved having you as my neighbor. i am definitely going to miss you and our short lived romance.

lilacs

lilacs 2

your patches of lilac and hyacinths knocked my socks off. their smell is so delicious, and i wish i could take you back to georgia with me.

wisteria

hey mom, look, WISTERIA! as a child we played the wisteria game, aka "who can spot the wisteria first" game.

corrie petals

flower petals
corrie had fun playing with nature's confetti.


cherry blossom canopy

but cherry blossom row...

cherry blossom row

man oh man, what a beauty!

cherry blossoms 1

curtains of pink powder puffs interlocked over our heads.

cherry blossoms 4

so thank you, little garden, for providing us with a magical place to play. so much beauty in one place, it makes my heart swell. i wish i could keep you.

ginny and corrie

i promise i'll keep in touch.
love always,
ginnybranch stelling







7 comments:

Inés said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous pictures!
I love the flowers.

LOVE!

Liane said...

so lucky living near there! an lilacs are my favorite favorite. the scent is heaven.

Chloë, Wardrobe Quarry said...

so so beautiful

Faux Naif said...

oh the cherry blossom trees! my biggest floral ambition to see in person! oh oh oh, be still my heart, now i really, really, really must go to brooklyn.

B r i said...

it loks like heaven!
botanical gardens seem like a decent place to go to die.

anni said...

I love the red hair and hearth shaped sunglasses(:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.