Thursday, March 19, 2009

how to have it all...


Design For Mankind - Dialogue Episode 1 from Design For Mankind on Vimeo.

i found this via one of my favorite ladies joanna goddard. how to be a balanced female artist and have a balanced life. i am a shopgirl/accessory designer/blogger/bride-to-be and i come undone...often.

p.s how much do i love and relate to jen gotch? serious girl crush. and lisa solomon reminds me of one of my favorite fibers professors, cayewah easley.


here is what i have gathered...
*make a shedule and stick to it. make lists and look at them.

*make time for your husband/boyfriend/girlfriend/partner. give them quality time. watch t.v. eat dinner.

*compromise.

*wake up early.

*create a day/hour/chunk of time to tidy your home and workspace.

*cut down on internet time...it is so easy to get sucked into a blogworld. guilty.

*find time in the day to do nothing. read. draw. write. take a bath. meditate.

*don't overbook yourself.

*find excuses to seek art out. go to a museum or a concert. or see a film in the theater.

any other tips would be most appreciated. i am a lousy multi-tasker. and i am a true study of extremes. extremely productive in fall and spring. dormant and unproductive in winter and summer. baby steps...

8 comments:

*M* said...

I would add find time at least once a week to play with an animal. Be it your own pet, your best friend's parrot or the squirrel in the park. :)

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

i totally agree with gettng sucked into blogworld. I'll tell myself I'll only stay on for half an hour, and next thing i know, it's been 3 hours.

I love your blog, especially all those lovely polaroid pictures that you.

/// said...

thank you so much for writing this [and adding our little video!]. :)

i love your tips--- it's so hard to find a balance, and i've found that you've gotta to do what works for you!

Sarai said...

Every morning, I like to take a bath and write out my daily to do list. I have a pretty little notebook just for this and draw all over my list, use hearts for checkboxes, etc. I love my daily list because it really helps fill the cracks in the day with useful little tasks, and I feel so accomplished as I check things off. It's simple, but it's my lifesaver!

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

i loved this video. i am a horrible multi-tasker, wanna-be type A, free spirit. i love making to-do lists...even though i rarely check the boxes off!

love first, and live incidentally said...

Go to the MOMA library, it's free, (pretend your a student) , pick up a book by your favorite artist or artistic movement. You'll not only get to enjoy learning about your favorite artists, you get to discover other artists you never knew about before. It's like being a student without the headache of being that comes with being a student!

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

i never knew about the moma library! what a great tip-thank you so much! i love the image library as well...so much fun to go to and rummage through the folders and score great imagery.

Joanna Goddard said...

all great tips! thanks for the link xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.