Tuesday, March 3, 2009

silver belles, hear them ringing...



today i am grateful for...

andre at orlo salon.

i had made the poor decision a month ago to try and bring my hair to a more "natural" shade of blonde... and it was a disaster. with my short, short hair i just looked like a scary woman on death row. it just didn't suit me and i knitted a floppy hat to cover my mistake. it sounds so silly and horribly self-indulgent, but i lived in this hat until today. sweet andre and his assistant jennifer kindly and laboriously color-corrected my horrendous hair, for the better part of four hours. and i don't even have that much hair on my head!

i feel like me again, and i shamefully admit that you can(on occasion) buy a little bit of happiness. i wish i could have showed a "before and after"... but i was too embarrassed to be in any photos.

thank you from the bottom of my heart.

andre is a genius, and he is worth every penny. if any ladies fancy going silver or platinum or powdery white...i highly recommend him-he is so choice. and he's kind and meticulous and really well-spoken.


elinkan




(lulu and the teaspoon shortage)

4 comments:

passerine said...

Oh my gosh, I am in the same boat! I was a platinum baby for a long time and for the past 2 years have been slowly going back to my natural color (which is a dull, ashy dark blond.) I finally realized that even though it's my natural shade, it just doesn't feel like "me." So, next pay check, I'm headed straight to the salon - I can't take it anymore!! Glad you're feeling good about your hair again!!

Unknown said...

i know what you mean about the hair thing - it's a big deal and can change everything in an instant. and that dog at the end is so dang cute.

Emy Augustus said...

haha cute pic... hmm i like the first one best.

kadler said...

Ok now I really really want to go platinum (though I haven't been any shade of blonde in over 2 yrs). Those are some mighty inspiring pics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.