Tuesday, March 3, 2009

cause we're the girls of rock and roll...



i am so grateful for youtube.

while most young girls(and boys) were watching jem and my little pony...my heart belonged to the chipmunk's great adventure. obsessed. still to this day. my elementary school had a festival inside the little gym in the woods called "westafest"; westminster's carnival/talent show/ craft fair rolled into one.

this was the first song i ever performed. two other girls and i lip-synched and danced our hearts out to this song. and we wore poodle skirts and bobby socks for some reason. i wished we had done full 80s dance costumes. i secretly thought i was boy-crazy, super-cool brittany; wearing legwarmers and makeup. in reality, i was more like chubby eleanor; wearing pigtails and hugging penguins.

if you know this video, you know you love it.

8 comments:

moodboard said...

lol, this is one of the movies my sisters and I watched over and over. But you can't knock Jem! My fave.

Kathleen said...

YES. Classic Westafest! And an excellent song as well.

allison said...

I watched this movie EVERY DAY as a child. This, and the original Land Before Time. Thanks so much!

x
allison

JadeElise said...

Oh. my. effing. goodness. Best. movie. EVARRRRR. I've seen it at least 7000 times. For serious.

Six Six Sick said...

Hahahahahahah...I LOOOVED this movie as a kid. This brings back sweet memories...

xxx,
Tiffany

Peter Hale Cooney III said...

ok im pissed not one mention of how we cemented our best-friendedness over the surprise discovery of our mutual obsession with this! ohhh miss miller!!!

still love you
xoP

Wind and Windows said...

My couscous!!

My sister and I found this in our local video rental store last summer and both squealed with delight! It was our favorite movie when we were kids. Still love it. Still can quote it and still sing all the songs.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh.....This was one of my favorite movies as a kid!!!! I loved the chipettes! my parents didn't always like me watching it though because I always put on an attitude afterwards. Same with the little mermaid. Anyways it's cool to find someone else who also loved that movie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.