Sunday, August 16, 2009

she flew back...


today i am grateful for...

one of my nearest and dearest gal pals, haylie bird, came back to nyc! we gossiped over hot coffee, croissants, and strawberries. hot coffee on a blistering day in august... i am always full of swell ideas. but we mosied on over to the flea, ate corn and blackberry popsicles, and scavenged for items to outfit our new homes. i found a few shiny things, a good wooden butcher block, smushed panama hat and a new apron.

and we caught up and she is living in new york and there is a whole mess of folks real happy she moved here. she is one of my favorite people and she brightens my day when i'm around her. she's a keeper.


flowers and herbs
market flowers and herbs. zucchini flowers, basil, mint, and cilantro. mmmmm.


shiny fabrics
the sweetest pile of glistening goodness. an instant mood lifter.
happy sunday and i hope everyone is surviving the heat. at least my new hat will shield me from a serious august sunburn. hopefully. ok, i'm off to eat fruit soup with my sweet man...


5 comments:

Jenna said...

What a lovely Sunday! I must ask though: What is fruit soup? Fruit salad? Hmm! :)

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

fruit soup is so easy and delicious! macerate blackberries and strawberries(or any berry of your liking), throw in a blender with a little bit of sorbet (i use blackberry cabernet), and a lot of milk or half n half. puree until soupy.

basically a liquid-y smoothie.

icicles said...

what adorable treasures! I love hot coffee anytime too ;)

Kel said...

Just seeing that pile-o-sparkly/pearly-goodness is mood lifting...can't imagine the jittery feeling of excitement you got seeing it in person. miss ya much doll!! bisousbisous

Anonymous said...

So that's where that Haylie Bird has been! I knew she had to have a very good reason for not blogging. She's not blogged since July 13! I will forgive her!Please share with her that I love her blog and I miss her! I love your blog too. You have such a beautiful countenance. You are blessed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.