Sunday, August 9, 2009

good things...

today i am grateful for...



weddingquilt
my mother sending our wedding quilt squares to us. now i need to tackle embroidering the messages.


bedroombooks
organizing my books...

eddie'sbooks
and organizing his : )


twine
clustering my twine collection. and using it to tie up our recyclables.


fleamarketfinds1
cheering up my sink. this lovely lady suggests finding ways to make you mundane chores more enjoyable. in fact, i like all of her tips on living beautifully. her books are my new guilty pleasure.

marketblackberries
flea marketing with chelsea cook and mollie little. i brought home fresh cilantro, lavender, peaches, kale, cosmos and blackberries. i devoured a lobster roll. we drank stumptown coffee for the first time. i slurped down a peach and lavender popsicle. chelsea introduced me to a rosehip bush. i acquired frilly linens to masquerade as a table cloth and a bathmat. i ran into an old high school classmate (go cats). i left with a very full belly, happy heart, and heavy arms (weighed down with all my spoils). life is pretty sweet and i am very grateful for every moment.


7 comments:

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

that sounds perfectly lovely. i like how you can see the title of your books and not his. lol. that wedding quilt idea is so lovely. it looks like a lot of work to embroider al the messages. good luck :)

Sydney said...

Isn't stumptown coffee delicious? I love it, and all their coffeehouses over in Portland are pretty cool too.

Rebecca said...

Your pictures are inspiring! And thanks for the link to the blog post about daily routines - I'm trying to get into the swing of housewivery, and it does become a bit overwhelming if you don't keep it simple!

Solar Oven said...

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!

brindille said...

I adore your pictures, they are fanstastic!
I saw your wedding pics on Once wed and they are so great! I took some of them for inspiration, and put one of the dresses pics on my blog,tell me if you want me to remove it!
anyway keep doing this fabulous blog, it's so inspirating!

Jay said...

I love all your old-timey books!! I wish books were still bound like that... and you have two of my favorites, Little Women and The Little Prince.

You're totally blowing my mind with all your Flea foods. I had no idea they sold all those things! I haven't gone in forever and must plan a trip soon.

Ann said...

You had me at "muy favorite color is shiny". :) I love this blog! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.