Monday, August 3, 2009

i spy with my brown eyes...

last week was pretty amazing. eddie finished his very big exam. i went to two birthday parties for two of my favoritest people- peter hale cooney III and jessica singleton. eddie and i finished the last season of mad men on netflix. i spent a day eating dessert and wandering around an uncharted part of brooklyn with miss lauren weinerth. and on sunday, a group of us had a potluck brunch at miss chelsea cook and mollie little's house. it was wonderful. we ate like it was thanksgiving and walked off our full bellies. all the way to boerum hill. to window shop and enjoy all the pretty little neighborhoods on the way. i really love my sweet friends. every. last. one.

here are some of my spoils from wandering around the neighborhood...

mynewhamper

hello new hamper. i like you a lot. your little sister version of you has been moved to the kitchen.


wildflowers2


hello prickly spiky flowers next to my gentle daisies. play nice now, you hear?


heartleaves


hello heart leaves. you are irresistible to me.


micaflakes


hello mica flakes. chelsea spotted a whole mess of you, surrounding a sidewalk tree. like glistening gold mud. i think i might have to come back with a scoop and fill a whole jar with shiny mica flakes.

have i mentioned how grateful i am to live in brooklyn? i love all the beautiful things and people in it.

g train


oh, and the g-train. i am very grateful for your ability to bring my friends from billysburg to me so easily. i wouldn't mind you extending your visit for longer than 4 years. thank you kindly.

12 comments:

Rebecca (Dog-Eared) said...

i love your cubby shelves in the first photo!

Do you love my shoes ? said...

Nice pics

Anonymous said...

"But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life; and thanks to a benevolent arrangement of things, the greater part of life is sunshine." -
-- Thomas Jefferson

l u c y. said...

leaves and mica oh my.. so lovely.

ps. great post name. :)

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

thank you anonymous. that is a most beautiful quote that i haven't ever heard before. i now have a very big smile on my face. ear to ear.

Color Me Green said...

i am so thrilled about the g train extension through park slope! now after i move to the slope i can visit my old neighborhood whenever i want! that trash can is a gem.

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

what a lovely weekend. you simply have the most wonderful blog posts ever.

Jay said...

Your hamper is so cute! Although I keep expecting a rather grouchy puppet to pop through. ;]

And mica flakes!!! That's magic. You need to make necklaces out of those little vials ASAP.

Lexie said...

i love your oscar the grouch style hamper! :=)

stephany said...

I adore those flowers in the beautiful jar. so lovely. well i stumbled upon this video on youtube" One question Fifty people" segment and I took a look at the new york one" At the end the day?" question, and when I saw it , the girl that wished for her fiancee to come to new york...is that you? She looks so much like you. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e53VeQ-pmc
Anyway I thought the video was just so wonderful, so do check it out , really worthwhile!

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

that is me! back when i had long, silver hair! now it is so very short, and very ginger!

stephany said...

you know ginny i just cut my hair uber short about two months ago and i do miss it very much too. i can't wait till it grows out so i can french braid it. but i'm loving the short hair look too, especially you with the ginger it's adorable!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.