Monday, August 31, 2009

always be prepared...



today i am grateful for...

back to school supplies


school supplies

sources: various dennison gummed labels and paper clips, nesting thumb tacks and paper fasteners, pilot stapler, and moore push signals from chelsea antiques garage, Red Chair, @ Home, Paris Market...



pretending it is the first day of school. yesterday my boss lady and i went flea marketing to pick out props for our shop, and i got a wee bit side tracked. one of my favorite vendors had proudly displayed all of her notebooks, rulers, composition books, writing samples, and all the trappings to be a good lil' student.




yummy treats

one of my many school slates. one day i hope to have a large wall-sized school chalkboard re-purposed as a kitchen table top. (in the style of sweet laraine papa montgomery).


ledgers




ledger & pencils

my sweet haylie bird is the queen of collecting ledgers (and all yummy school supplies for that matter), and passed down this love to me. they make for the perfect sketchbook/ scrapbook. i alternate between these and moleskine's kraft notebooks, which were my art school staple through out SCAD.

ledger 2




my knap sack



and this is my favorite knap sack. it was my sister's when she was studying in paris, and she gifted it to me, many many moons ago. it is my favorite shade of leather... almost georgia clay brown. come to think of it, all my gal pals have a brown leather knap sack. it is 'specially helpful to be hands-free when you live in a big city. and to hide all your treasures...



i have to go now, don't want to be late on my first day... just teasing.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! What lovelies! I'd fawn over it all for days on end...

Unknown said...

Ooh Lovely, I'm very envious of your beautiful bag, it's the perfect colour! Have a stunning week xoxo

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Gosh, I'm already a sucker for office supplies. Vintage office supplies would surely be the death of me. All such lovely things!!!

xoxo

ami said...

I have a BIG thing for anything vintage and anything school supply--quite a score!

...and I am ever so grateful for your sweet little blog...it has cheered up many a day for me that was starting off slow...

thanks.

Jay said...

These are perfection!! I especially love those colored aluminum tabs! And don't get me started on that bag. Swoon. Your sis is a generous soul.

Faux Naif said...

aaargh i want a leather backpack SO BADLY! they're nearly impossible to find! and yours is so, so beautiful!

m.m. said...

ohhh my goodness! school supply heaven! talk about flea market gold!!!

World Elephant said...

Slates! Those are so cool. I'm gonna be lusting over them for a while. Also that knapsack. Very nice.

Dahnya said...

i would love to have an old school stapler on my desk!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.