1. discovering the wednesday farmers market on my morning walk 'round prospect park. and discovering it is apple cider doughnut season again! i'm no doughnut champion, but i can devour a whole bag of these babies if given the opportunity. and i finally broke out my doilies( part of a momma branch care package).
2. being responsible enough to give my delicates and linens a good oxiclean soak. sweet francesca( who i am very bummed i missed seeing during her nyc visit) makes a lovely spokeswoman for oxiclean. she swears this is the be-all, end-all for vintage hand washables. now i just need a decent steamer!
3. my straw flowers finally opening up! and some have even fully inverted, which just tickles me pink. i think i might have to make a straw flower crown today. a little end of the summer head piece.
4. this newsworthy local record shop owner for getting rid of his stock of piano rolls... for dirt cheap! in the past i have bought one of these bad boys for more than 10 times what i paid for. oh well, you live and learn. but i have a few repurposing ideas i am tossing around. we shall see...
5. freaks and geeks marathons with my husband. it doesn't hold a torch to my so-called life, but i do like it. a whole lot.