Thursday, August 20, 2009

daisies and fizz...

today i am grateful for...

sidecar

( photo courtesy of sidecarbrooklyn.com )

1. sidecar. my new favorite south slope spot. cozy, dark wooded interior, bespoke cocktails, and fancy twists on classic american bar fare.

2 .and for my favorite, peter hale cooney III, my date for the evening. i miss living with my sweet pete and it was 'specially nice to catch up over gin daisies and ramos fizz's (one of the most delicious, decadent drinks invented). he makes me laugh 'til my sides hurt and he can out-accessorize me any day. lately, i've been seriously slack on my pieces of flair. too hot to wear any extra of anything... now i want to stock up on orange blossom water; layer on some costume jewelry; slip into my ridiculous shoes, and break out my sequins. i am so ready for fall.

thank you petey pie for schlepping all the way to this part of brooklyn. and for being you. i love you to pieces.

7 comments:

Jay said...

I'm such a sucker for fancy drinks, so, obviously, I looove Sidecar.

Have you peeped the new cafe/wine/cocktail bar on 8th between 13th and 14th? Looks yum!

the snail and the cyclops said...

Miss Ginny, you gotttttaaa take me here! Please, pretty please!!! Paul and I will be flitzin 'round NY on Monday/Tuesday! We'd be much obliged!

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

JC: i was trying to remember the name last night, but failed...hince we went with sidecar. lets go after J & J...p.s are we still on?

francie: double date? bring the boys? its deeeelicious!

Anonymous said...

your "today I am grateful for..." posts always make me smile:)

Peter Hale Cooney III said...

Aww Thanks Gin, I had a great time out in Brooklyn with you! By far one of the best sweaty summer nights yet!!! Love You Tons! xoP

Jay said...

We are so on! I bet we're going to work up a real appetite with that movie too... Should we meet outside the theater around 1:45?

Bethany said...

oooh I am totally obsessed with orange blossom water! and your new banner is gorgeous (even thought I loved your silhouette!) I have a recipe for orange blossom cookies that I have been dying to try, but haven't been able to find orange blossom water in dc yet, thanks for the reminder to keep looking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.