Monday, August 24, 2009

grateful days: allison rae hipple from the underwing

today i am grateful for...

scene study

1. The sweet smell of Nag Champa burning on muggy nights.

2. The lingering transcendency of Fleet Foxes' music, and the guitar pick I magically received from a very kind man.

3. My hair's innate decision to keep growing and growing.

4. Freshly sharpened pencils, set and ready for the first day of school, just like the little kid I am.

5. Learning how to undress in front of the mirror and knowing there's more to this life than what I cringe at.


thank you ahip for sharing your gratitudes! this list inspired me to start my morning off with "white winter hymnal" and sharpen some pencils to sketch with. i miss the first day of school. i was always so giddy, hugging everyone to pieces and itchin' to see who my new teachers were. and school supplies... i might have to share my favorites very soon. what are y'all's favorite school supplies?

7 comments:

World Elephant said...

Oh, thank you, Ginny. What a lovely way to start the day. Enjoy sketching sketches and humming hymnals. Peace peace peace. -Ahip

Becky said...

Second back to school post I've read today - making me feel all autumnal. I liked coloured pens best, and always had grand plans for neatly underlining the titles of each subject's work in a different colour...I had usually stopped doing this by the second week back!

Chelcie said...

Oh definitely notebooks filled with blank paper. What will fill the pages? More importantly, what will fill the edges of the pages? Frustrations, calculations, lists...?

Anonymous said...

I have to say my favorite school supply is colorful sharpies and crayons.

Hope you had a wonderful day. :)

Jessica Define said...

I, too love back to school! My favorites are
1. Mirado black warrior pre-sharpened pencils
2. graph and handwriting-practice papers
...can't wait to see your list!

Lucy said...

Fleet Foxes equals pure heaven.

Jayne said...

Your blog makes me all kinds of happy. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.