Friday, November 12, 2010

foodie idea: olive oil and sea salt icecream

foodie idea

{trader joes ice cream, salt/olive oil from terrain}


i love this ice cream idea from star provisions in atlanta! i gave it a whirl at home with some trader joe's ice cream and it worked! it satisfies the salty and the sweet in the best way. and the olive oil just adds another delicious dimension. my favorite kind of foodie treats are the ones that combine few ingredients with unusual flavor pairings. simple + weird, kinda like me!

*also, i highly recommend picking up some trader joes pumpkin ice cream- it is as delicious as it sounds!

8 comments:

rony @ catbird said...

oh WOW. i am trying this this weekend.

Ashley Archibald said...

i love weird food combos. i once had a fried banana wrapped in bacon. it was delish. i now want to try pumpkin ice cream.

What he ate, what I ate. said...

OMG. This is kind of blowing my mind right now.

Stef said...

oh what a good idea! I'll have to try this one. Olive oil cake is amazing so this is kind of the same idea.

UpGemini said...

my fave: salted crackers + Nutella :D

Dianne said...

WHATTTttt this sounds amazing. and I love Trader Joes, and lament that we do not have it in the UK. OR that NOWHERE in the UK has embraced the idea of Pumpkin as a delicious flavour. baby wants Pumpkin icecream! xx

Jay said...

This is SO genius! I think they have this as a gelato flavor at Otto in New York, and I once ate an obscene (and obscenely expensive) amount of it there...

Dairy + olive oil + sea salt is pretty much an unbeatable combo. My breakfast of choice is a piece of semolina toast, slathered with fresh ricotta, drizzled with EVOO, with a sprinkle of salt. Better than any cereal ever.

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

jay: oh em gee that sounds so ridiculously delicious! i am so trying that this week. i am always on the quest for simple foodie delights!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.