Monday, June 23, 2008

you are the company you keep...




from age 5 to age 18 i was educated at one of the top, academically competitive private schools in the south. unfortunately, i was never naturally one of the brightest bulbs in the bunch. i had my share of teachers who gave up on me right away, dismissing my learning disabilities only to label me as a lost cause. thankfully, i always had at least one patient and kind teacher every year. always had one who took the time to appreciate that i had the heart and passion to do well, it just would take me more than a few tries to get it right. always the underdog, always having to work harder than most just to stay afloat. at the end of the year, when i would give my teachers their thank-you gifts, my mother encouraged me to write "thank you for believing in me" to the ones who made a difference.

i am surrounded by so many supportive people in my life, personally and professionally...

thank you for believing in me.

2 comments:

Susie said...

I love your blog. Gratitude is sooooooooooo important. It can't be said enough. :)

chelsea rose said...

oh ginny branch! that made me cry!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.