Monday, July 21, 2008
my life is like divided, into kissing...and not kissing 21 july 2008 gratitudes
thank the heavens for the gift of my so-called life. the whole season on dvd.
watch it here for one of my favorite scenes.
here's why i am grateful for this show.
1. more plaid styling combinations than you can shake a fist at. this aired at the same time marc jacobs launched his first grunge collection. amazing.
2. claire danes and her manic panic "crimson glow" red hair.
3. the way they captured teenage angst and "real issues".
4. the word "like". always excessive and always perfect.
5. jordan catalano. he should have been number one on this list.
6. the soundtrack...the cardigans, buffalo tom, r.e.m, and the violent femmes to name a few.
7. rayanne's outfits, hairstyles, and saucy comments.
8. how this show is an incredible 90s time capsule. but in the most non-hollywood, non glossy portrayal.
9. the quotability factor. such dry and clever humor.
i've been obsessed with this show since 1994 and i still reference it way too much. i met jared leto on the streets of new york in 1997 and took a photo with him. that i still carry in my wallet. like a stalker. he was so achingly beautiful, it hurt to look at him.
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.