Thursday, July 24, 2008
breathless exquisite chills...24 july 2008 gratitudes
1. watched some lovely films by ellen von unwerth. i think i might even fancy her films more than her photography. the soundtracks to her films are just the icing on the cake.
2. had breakfast at cafe cluny and saw the lovely gloria baume and joanna hillman from teen vogue. these ladies are fantastic. i think i probably even blushed a little that they remembered me enough to wave and say hello.
3. wished my sweet corrie pellerin was here. today was her birthday and i wish she could have been here to celebrate. we lived together in college and survived SCAD's fashion department(by the skin of our teeth). she is one of the best listeners i know; one of the funniest girls i know; and definitely one of the most thoughtful friends i have. she really reminds me a lot of my mother. and that is one compliment i don't dish out to just anyone. she truly is a friend i know i will have when i am old and grey(naturally by then). a former room mate. a best friend. a bridesmaid. i am so glad she was born.
4. treasured the first part of my morning. the weather was cool and crisp, with clouds gently hovering. the shadows even shifted a little, tricking me into believing maybe fall isn't too far away. i'm hoping maybe august will forget its tendency to be a dreadful hot mess of a month, and we can just ease on into fall...
5. we re-merchandised our store again and it looks like a new store. clean, precise, and focused. we have all new fall ready-to-wear, shoes, bags, and accessories. and our new apothecary cabinet is absolutely stunning. the perfect display for our antique jewelry.
6. made a to-do list and checked off every item. this website, listography.com is a great internet tool to help get organized. i love creating it first thing in the morning while i'm still in bed. honestly, its becoming a new obsession.
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.