Monday, November 23, 2009

cold mornings...

today i am grateful for...

another slow start to the day. i love cold weather for its laziness. any excuse to savor my mornings with coffee, warm socks, and pretty dried flowers.

dried flowers 3

dried flowers 2

dried flowers 1

i really don't mind having dried flowers in the apartment. i love that i don't have to keep changing the water. cotton, sea holly, billy buttons, and pussy willows are pretty dear in bottles stashed all over.

thick socks

my favorite pair of socks... well, more like stockings. they are comically big and thick as a sweater. these were a pretty funny find. no pun intended.

duck boots

and i'm also so happy i found these duck boots from j crew. i fell in love with the peanut and cafe au lait color combination. and the shearling inside was a huge bonus. maybe eddie and i will go for a walk around the park later.

***side note... i was this close to buying a pair of hip-hoppy timberland boots. was feeling like touchin' on my ATL roots. but my husband begged me not to.


12 comments:

Color Me Green said...

dried flowers are the best for winter! i just arranged some little glasses and vases of dried flowers around my apt and now i won't have to change the water or have the weekly expense of new fresh flowers all winter!

Just joey said...

You just have to go back and get those tims! lol You can wear them with overalls and a big sunhat this spring! Or to just hip-hop around the apartment.

Anonymous said...

guess when its his money he can tell you what to wear.

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

anonymous... i don't know what that means... i purchased these lovelies with my own money. i do have a normal job.

Rebecca (Dog-Eared) said...

i love dried flowers. my male roommate, however, does not see the appeal, so my bedroom is filled with 'em!

Anonymous said...

ignore anon, ginny. who has the time to berate people online? i sure don't!

how fun are those socks, in the meanwhile! i must must must find me a pair with some numbers on them!

Katherine said...

Lovely photos, dried flowers are my favorite. <3

nice-etc.com / caitlin said...

haha..i had a version of those timberland boots when i was young..did you too? worn with floral dresses and/or big sweaters! haha you coulda pulled them off!

nice-etc.com / caitlin said...

hahah i just read the other comments and "just joey" seemed to get the same thought i had...to take it further their blog name is reminding me of Blossom!

Anonymous said...

i enjoy your blog so much. i'm a senior majoring in social work & i just finished my final internship. i worked with inmates at a jail - truly rewarding. anyway, i had to co-lead an anger management group, and during my final session i discussed with them the concept of "gratitude." they were so receptive! (you were the inspiration for the lesson!) i made them all gratitude journals as parting gifts...now your concept of showing gratitude is present at an alabama jail :)

Stéphanie said...

I'm in love with your blog !

Jane Flanagan said...

Stunning photos! I'm a long time fan of duck boots too. You'll never look back :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.