Monday, November 9, 2009

ain't it funny...

today i am grateful for...





adding a new antique store to my menagerie. pretty funny antiques is a pretty adorable lil' victorian house in tarrytown, new york. the whole house is brimming over with irresistible junk-y goodness. i saw many things i wish i had room for.

pretty funny 4

what sweet spectacles! a true sight for sore eyes, but i had my eye on a particular mad scientist pair...

pretty funny 2

and a pair of saucy black and white wing-tipped brogues.


pretty funny 3

and a sweet stuffy for francie.

pretty funny 6
and an old thread spool cabinet. ooh this made my heart go a pitter patter.

and i had many a reminder of projects to finish in decorating my own apartment...

pretty funny 9

...like hanging my collection of old photos and artwork. geez louise, i haven't hung a single thing yet. shameful.

pretty funny 8

...and rearranging my many suitcases.

pretty funny 7

...and solving my impossible shoe storage situation.

we all walked away with a humble pile each. chelsea found a pair of witchy boots and an early christmas present for a pal. i also found a christmas gift for my sweet pete. and a few other bits and bobs that i will share later. i had to leave behind a pair of specs and a perfect, reasonably sized leather purse that i might have to phone for after my next paycheck...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

this place looks great. i have an underwood typewriter too! it's my little gem.

Peter Hale Cooney III said...

well now the pressure is on!!!

Humble Magnificent said...

That place looks awesome. Those glasses are super and I would definitely have come away with at least one of those beautifully battered suitcases!
x

www.humblemagnifcent.blogspot.com

the snail and the cyclops said...

oh, you know me too well!

ahh! that little red tongue - it's killlllllingggg meeee!!!!

Inés said...

i love that place ita looks so cosy!!

Anonymous said...

ooo, vintage Frye boots!

Rebecca (Dog-Eared) said...

i want those glasses. and to wrap everything i own in that string..

Cole said...

oh this place looks absolutely amazing, like i'd want to curl up and spend hours there!

kes said...

speaking of hanging frames, I want to see the new place! come on, girl! i'm itchin!

Jay said...

So many lovely things! O, those glasses... and those wooden clothespins... and those perfectly worn suitcases...

I keep all my shoes in an old bookcase in the hall. It actually works pretty well, as long as I keep them somewhat tidy!

Catherine Shu said...

What a cool place! I wish I could wonder around there. The spools of thread are especially lovely. I love coming to your blog... I always get so much visual inspiration and I love your upbeat attitude!
The Renegade Bean

ELM said...

Wow, the writing on the price tag looks dead on like mine. Freaky!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.