Thursday, July 23, 2009

did my heart love til now...


i need some folks to see this with me this saturday. 3:45 p.m. at lincoln center. i saw this 9 times in theater when it came out in november of 96. i've always been a touch obsessive. this movie inspired my catholic art collecting. fueled my love for claire danes and leonardo dicaprio. and was the first movie i ever saw with my husband. we were with a huge group of people and every girl in the audience gasped when the screen zoomed in on romeo for the first time.

another fun fact...the song i walked down the aisle to was the instrumental version of "kissing you". it is also the song my husband played when he proposed to me...as he was quoting the scene where romeo first speaks to juliet at the capulet's party. swoon.

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

wow, that's an intense set of memories and associations you've got with this one... how awesome. enjoy!

LAFSCZARINA said...

oh my goodness i love this movie too! i love your blog, its really good! keep posting (: God bless

moodboard said...

*hearts* this post. I walked down to the "Ice Dance" from Edward Scissorhands(instrumental)

MeganRose said...

Oh,I wish it was playing in Chicago! I would make my boy go see it every night it was there, and I am so lucky...he probably would! <3

Six Six Sick said...

I love the proposal story, seriously, I get a little teary eyed when I hear about moments like that.

xxx,
Tiffany

Natalie said...

I know I gasped when I first saw Leo's Romeo. And I forgot Paul Rudd was Tybalt, <3.

Jay said...

O, what a perfect song! I think I would have bawled the whole way down.

And swoon indeed--Eddie clearly knows how it's done.

inanenglishaccent said...

I was watching this film last night for about the 5th time this week, I completely adore it! And I really want kissing you to be a song at my wedding, so it's really odd reading your post

love the blog though :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.