Monday, October 13, 2008
a woman's work is never done...13 october 2008 gratitudes
1. slept in very, very late after a long weekend of fighting a nagging cold. i love sleeping in and given the opportunity i probably could sleep an entire weekend away.
2. began journaling again. i've been collecting old ledgers since college and i found two delightfully delapidated little numbers at the flea market. three inspiring girls have rekindled my desire to keep an art journal/sketchbook/scrapbook.
...keri-anne of gingerlillytea
i have loads of dusty old tomes just waiting to be collaged and scribbled and painted and sewn and glued! its high time these tiny fingers of mine remember why they are here in new york!
3. played around with colors to paint my very white apartment. i need a lovely pale shade of mauve for my bedroom that won't make it look like a nursery and a lovely shade of greige for my living room that won't make it look like an assisted living facility.
4. received a sweet blog award from the enchanting mila of one of my most favorite blogs, loveology. i wish i knew how to re-post the award and continue the daisy-chain of appreciation for others. i really am a dunce when it comes to computers. i didn't grow up in a household with computers, so it's kind of amazing i figured out how to even have a blog.
5. practiced my home-making skills while listening to a collection of 1920s jazz singers. i cleaned the apartment, grocery shopped, and organized my bedroom. i'm trying to find a home for all of my treasures and curiosities and it is certainly a challenge! my home smells like a mix of red currant, french lavender, and pine-sol, depending on where i am in the apartment.
6. lined up my collection of funny shoes. lately i have been drawn to ridiculous numbers that i would have worn in junior high. my friends think i have lost my mind, and my taste level...which is entirely possible. i really do love clothing that has a playful sense of humor to it.
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.