Tuesday, October 7, 2008
i do believe...7 october 2008 gratitudes
1. organized and color-coded my books. my absolute favorite way to group collections is to sort by color.
2. washed dishes and attempted to arrange the objects in my oh-so-tiny kitchen. right now the contents in the fridge-coffee, vitamins, milk, and vodka (peter's, not mine). and then i have tins of tea from teany in the cupboard. a pretty bleak excuse for a wife-in-training.
3. received our shipment of the kaws/marc jacobs mouse flats! finally! these little darling flats are a commemorative happy 10 year anniversary for the mouse flats. my very first marc jacobs purchase was a pair of bright yellow mouse flats at the new york mercer store, on sale for $125.00. i remember calling my mother, begging her to justify the sale. thankfully, she conceded and i walked away one happy young girl! as soon as these arrived at my store, i had to snatch a pair. they are even numbered like an artist's print! only 200 pairs were made...
4. had the most delicious sandwich and soup from grounded coffee shop. gorgonzola and fig jam on toasted ciabatta and a cup of butternut squash soup. i love fall food.
5. sported my barack obama pin, handmade by 7 year old grace. she and her mother came into little marc with handfuls of glittery obama pins and handmade posters. we all let out one of those long, collective "awwwwwwwwwwwww's". at 7 years old i was probably eating play dough and coloring in a book. i'm not positive i even knew who our president was when i was her age. new york children amaze me with their level of knowledge and understanding. i love my pin and i plan on wearing it every day as i continue to hope and believe that grey skies are soon going to clear up. i think we can i think we can i think we can.
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.