Monday, February 4, 2008
so glad he was born...02.03.08 gratitudes
1. haynes riley and hunter riley were born today. two of the best people i have ever met in my whole life.
2. haynes riley's birthday party/superbowl party at cam, kara, and eric's house. like a mini s.c.a.d reunion(plus amy merrick)!
3. so many dear friends in one place!!!!! felt like my heart was going to explode-chelsea, pete, mollie, amy, madeleine, haylie, savannah, vic, lily, brittani, and the man of the hour-haynes. and some old faces that i was glad to see-meagan, lucas, francis, ben, hannah, maura, matt, the list goes on and on.
4. happy to know that haynes riley is still the most beloved boy to have ever attended s.c.a.d. his fan club on facebook alone says it all. he had me at "hi, i'm haynes riley, i'm from arkansas". the only boy i have ever shamelessly thrown myself at( to an embarrassing degree); my only true, straight best guy friend, a boy i can't seem to go too long without living within a few blocks radius, and a boy whom i like to mail letters to even though it would be quicker to drop it off at his apartment. i love to hear him speak and he is one of my favorite artists. i don't know a soul like him.
5. my favorite client, danielle came in and introduce me to her boyfriend. such a sweet couple. i love meeting good, kind couples. i love love. she told me i had kind eyes. probably one of the nicest things a person could say to me.
6. this sweet, old cabaret dancer/painter Illona came in the store and told me i look like a water lily and gave me a black purse of hers. this woman is a legend in the west village: 70-80 years old, bright red hair, the longest red fake eyelashes you'll ever see(created from using her own hair!), bright blue eyeliner, and today-a fantastic raspberry crushed velvet ensemble). she used to be a painter and was commissioned to paint portraits of the kennedy's children back in the day.
7. chelsea called me on the phone to tell me she thought i looked nice today. she is so good to me.
8. finally gave haylie her christmas gift and she seemed like she liked it!
9. bret and andrew cracked me up all day at work.
10. maddy and vic stopped by the store and hung out for the last hour. made time fly! two girls i don't get to see nearly enough!
11. had breakfast with pete and had a delightful coffee and dessert rendez-vous with pete and amy at 7A. laughed a lot.
12. talked to the love of my life on the phone. he is my only home.
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.