Friday, February 19, 2010


signed, sealed, delivered...

love is love 2.jpgC

this is my valentine card i sent out this year, which i attempted to fold like a bright star "origami valentine". i made a field trip to champion stamp, determined not to let another holiday card go in a mailbox with a ho-hum stamp. i even sweet talked my husband into accompanying me to a field trip to midtown new york city to visit the stamp shop.

love stamps

yum. he quickly became disinterested as i poured over their catalogue of vintage stamps. and he could only half-heartedly feign interest, so he left me to my feverish stamp selecting. i even walked away with a jumbo bag of old, used stamps. i spent the rest of the day on the floor, color-coding them and picking out ones to give to my friends and family.

love stamps 2

i definitely recommend making a trip if you live in new york, and absolutely shop online if you need a little wedding envelope facelift, or want to pimp a party invitation. this place is such a treasure. honestly, i kick myself that i didn't discover this joint 'til nearly 8 months after my own wedding. blast and wretch.

lettered envelopes

and my calligraphy. still abysmal, but lettering envelopes is excellent practice. i am hoping to send lots more snail mail this year, so hopefully i will see a marked improvement within the next few months. fingers crossed.

have i mentioned i love my friends and family? everytime i sit down to mail a letter or card, i feel a surge of joy in my heart. and it is a lovely reminder of how lucky i am to know such good people. such good people.

p.s john gardner, darling, if you are reading this, you and miss paige's card came back to me. my computer was busted when i mailed everything, so i mailed this to your old place. i might just have to make a date with you to give you yours.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness.
I thought I was really being amazing when I made my own tea for my boyfriend complete with tags that listed reasons why I loved him.
But this wins, hands down. Bravo!

Caddy said...

Those stamps are cute and I love the way you addressed your Valentines.

Suzy said...

Don't say 'blast' and 'wretch'!

<3<3<3

John G said...

These are adorable!

Eliza said...

Oh this is so beautiful! Those stamps are surreal - I never find such pretty ones here. I love writing letters too, they are filled with my heart's essence ♥

amy merrick said...

Oh no! I think I see one with a "rrick" and my zip but i didn't see it in the mail!

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

hmmmm... i wonder where that curious valentine scampered off to????

Jay said...

Holy cuteness!! I may have to steal a page from your book for Valentine's 2011!

Farmgirl Susan said...

All those old love themed stamps are wonderful on the valentine envelopes! What mailbox treats. Your calligraphy looks really nice, too. I know when I was first learning, I found the 'slanted' (I'm sure there's a technical term I'm blanking out here, LOL) styles to be much easier and more forgiving than the 'straight up' ones. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.