so, this has been a gloriously rainy summer. i wonder if this is what if feels like to live in portland? i dragged my main squeeze to prospect park to break out of the stale confines of our apartment. keys to good rainy day fun...
1. find a lush, yummy park with a view of the water. and a concession stand with popcorn, candy, coffee and soft drinks. delicious snacks, less than $5.
2. spy on a family of swans preening on a patch of grass. momma, poppa, and two fuzzy cygnets (the proper term for a baby swan, as i was just informed by pete).
3. scout a good tree for climbing. low branches and thick limbs, to sit and read a good book.
4. discover a spooky carousel, isolated and with two seaters (perfect for smooching, provided no children are nearby). the easiest way to find it is to listen out for the carnival music singing on the other side of the billy goat bridge. rides are $1.50 a person.
5. partake in an evening boat ride in a precious little electric boat called the independence. too sweet for words! rides are $8 a person.
all of this would be ever so fun on a true summer day. but sometimes you have to get creative in yucky weather. when seeing a movie or going to a museum just doesn't sound like the solution.
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.