Thursday, June 9, 2011

artists j'adore: anandamayi arnold

anandamayi arnold surprise balls

sorry i've been absent around these here parts. weddin' season is in full-swing and i am a busy little bee! love business is no joke! i am currently taking a break from clipping tree limbs(don't ask) and i cracked open my newest world of interiors to find the most jaw-droppingly lovely creations from artist, anandamayi arnold. jordan ferney first alerted me to her work and it is so wonderful to see her crepe paper surprise balls being celebrated in such a highbrow editorial! the photos particularly remind me of mary delaney's paper cuttings, especially the way the photographer aya brackett shot the story! i'm adding one of miss arnold's breakfast radishes to my christmas wish list!

4 comments:

tamerajane said...

I got one from Tail of the Yak here in Berkeley and I widh I'd not opened it!!

LL said...

yay! i'm so glad your blog is back! hopefully you'll have a little time to relax this summer : )

chelsea said...

amazing.

Anonymous said...

It's lovely to put so much work into the design of something ephemeral. Like decorating an elaborate cake, or making a really intricate pinata. And the photography of that spread is amazing-- I had to do a double take because it looks like northern Renaissance Dutch masters! I'm thrilled to see your blog back as well. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.