Tuesday, March 9, 2010

tip of the cap...

straw hats 1


spring weather is seducing me out of my apartment and into the park. gorgeous weather equals a gorgeous mood. and i am happy to report that it is almost time for me to swap my knit hats for big ole floppy straw ones. straw hats conjure up memories of row boats in central park; warm slumbering on the dock of a lake house; berry picking and lemonade drinking; sand in between toes and crunched into salty hair; walking over powdery pink cherry blossomed streets; leisurely bike rides on savannah's cobble-stone streets.

straw hats 2

i can't wait for all these deliciously spring things. and to be able to wear hats and worn-in, perfectly weathered white dresses. what are your favorite spring activities? what will you be wearing this spring?


5 comments:

Jay said...

Yes!!! I can't wait for straw-hat weather. It's going to be so glorious!

My favorite spring activity is wearing sleeveless dresses and going out with bare legs when it's just a wee bit too cold to be entirely comfortable.

Also: heeled sandals! men's chambray shirts! shorts, shorts, shorts!!

Allie said...

I love picnics during springtime!

As for my spring wardrobe, I'm planning on wearing lots of pastel colors and cheeky sunglasses.

Amy said...

I'll be wearing lots of maxi dresses. And finally my Diesel sandals that I bought in the sale at Christmas! Can't wait til it's warm enough to wear them.

Lulu de Pew said...

Woah! You have such a good collection - I am jealous of those boaters!

Caddy said...

You have some lovely straw hats. I love the memories you attached to them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

copyrights. credits. recognition...

hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.