Sunday, August 3, 2008
lost girls, no one will ever save you if no one can ever find you...3 August 2008 gratitudes
1. the lovely french photographer, anouck bertin found me. she and i have a shared love for bows and sweet dreamy photos of girls. on her blog, i found a photo of marisol, a sprightly little doll who shot photographs of some of us shopfolk in the west village. her hair is what fairy tales are made of. ink black and falling in swirls at her waist. sigh.
2. my favorite bird has flown into town. oh how i love spending time with my haylie bird she brought chelsea and i the most darling gifts( will post photos later) and lots of giggly girl talk.
3. ended my day a little early so i could spend some extra time with miss haylie. we ducked into cafe cluny and drank strong black coffee with our yummy desserts. this restaurant makes me so happy. we were there at the perfect hour too. the sunlight filtered through the trees lining the sidewalk, casting the most beautiful shadows. i can't wait for fall.
4. started reading my new book, the red leather diary, as recommended to me on a blog post. the diary reveals a swoony young flapper recording her wonderfully romantic life in new york. so far i am hooked.
5. dusted an old free motion embroidery illustration from a forgotten pile of art school rejects. this dress was a silk jersey confection smothered in loosely interpreted "horse ribbon" appliques. completely ripped apart by the professors, but nonetheless a good learning experience. our first prize cupcake girl really never even made it to the pageant.
6. sweet talked emily searle into being my photographer for my newest project. i am consumed with excitement for what lies ahead. i have so many hopes and dreams and ideas, its so hard to contain them. until then...
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.