Sunday, November 23, 2008
worth a thousand words... 23 november 2008 gratitudes
1. fell head over heels for this "new" application poladroid. i have wanted photoshop to have a feature like this for.ever. i discovered it in another late night bout of insomnia. i have been feeling un-inspired with the quality of my photos lately, but now this adds a veneer of romance that the photos needed. until i can figure out how to work my polaroid sx-70, this will have to suffice.
2. attempted to cook for pete. and by cook, i mean sort of add flavor to pre-packaged pasta and soup. so far i'm a pitiful excuse for a wife, but sweet pete is a much obliging guinea pig to my cooking endeavors.
3. stocked the pantry with dry goods and cooking essentials. i am reading alice water's the art of simple food and i'm determined. i may not be the most skilled chef, but by gosh, i have a whole lot of heart! shouldn't that count for something? i think i just need a set of le creuset cookware to inspire me...
4. collected my stack of farewell marc jacobs letters from friends and co-workers to tuck somewhere special. last week my former assistant manager visited me at my new store and gave me a letter that left me in tears. it was so simple and thoughtful, but something that i will forever remember fondly. i was literally crying on the salesfloor after he left.
5. chatted with the nicest couple at my new store. one half of the couple is a creator of children's television shows for nickelodeon. i wanted to hug him for that alone. i think he was sort of taken aback at my enthusiasm for his work. i just love anyone who wants to make magic for kids.
6. admired the bonpoint window on bleeker. a glittery display with a giant cheshire cat smile of a moon. i could see the reflection of ginko leaves in the window. my favorite leaves in the whole wide world. as a child i would climb this one special, yellow tree on glen devon drive and its leaves made the best jumping piles. i loved that tree and every time i see ginko leaves it pulls on my heartstrings.
7. saw the cutest paper garland hanging in the top corner of a very naughty video store on christopher street. such a sweet little trim, for such a lascivious merchant!
8. practiced my type a (or lack there of) skills, such as list making and scheduling. i very much want to be a time management master, but without the neuroses associated with it. how does my chelsea cook do it? she is a type a, free-spirited, artistic soul. who loves to cook. and sew. and scrapbook. have i mentioned how much i admire her?
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.