Friday, November 7, 2008
time for a change...7 november 2008 gratitudes
1. the secret worked. obama is going to lead our country into a new era of hope and change. he brings hope to a generation that never had it. and that makes me proud to be an american. i watched the election at susie lopez's house where she had a smorgasbord of delicious vegan dishes- chili, mac n' cheese, cornbread, cobbler... and champagne. i was so touched that she invited me over and shared her home with me on the greatest day of our nation's history (since i've been alive).
2. i am venturing into a new chapter in my career. i left my life at marc jacobs and am beginning a new start at maison martin margiela. this was a very, very bittersweet goodbye. i love my marc jacobs babies and i am sure going to miss them.
3. chopped off my hair. my long, silver strands were getting to be a burden, sadly. no amount of fancy conditioner or product would revive the ends and it felt like synthetic doll hair. i have not had short hair since i was 17, and it is going to take some getting used to, that is for certain. i just want to start over so i can grow my hair to my waist-length fantasy. without looking like a crazy banshee. thankfully amy merrick gave me enough courage to go for a chop. i felt like when rayanne graff convinces angela to dye her hair...
"so when rayanne graff told me my hair was holding me back, i had to listen. 'cause she wasn't just talking about my hair. she was talking about my life. "
4. received the sweetest goodbye present from susie lopez, and the lopez clan. inside a collaged bag was tucked an early printing of alice in wonderland/through the looking glass and an obama t shirt. how did i get to be so lucky? i am in love with this book and have it on the windowsill by my bed next to my le petit prince educational edition. and now i finally have a shirt with my president on it.
5. had a goodbye cocktail hour with andrew and keetin on wednesday; had a goodbye dinner with amy at freeman's yesterday; and a goodbye dinner with john gardner tonight at inoteca. life is good.
6. came home to find a postcard from amy. she has been one of my biggest inspirations. she has shown me there can be life after marc jacobs, a concept i never believed could be true.
i loved working for marc jacobs. it will always be my favorite brand. it was the brand that inspired me to go to design school and the brand that moved me from savannah to new york. i met some of the most incredible people, who i love with all of my heart. of all the parties, the clothing, the fashion shows... the people were the best part, hands-down. i feel like dorothy saying farewell to oz. and it makes my heart hurt. but in a good way. i met so many lions, tinmans, and glendas.
and scarecrows.. i will miss you most of all. you know who you are.
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.