Sunday, April 13, 2008
spring awakening...4.12.08 gratitudes
1. warm weather that brings old friends out of hiding. i got haynes back from south america, corrie from the lower east side, and lauren and joshua from savannah.
2. walking on the streets of new york on my day off collecting my sweet friends at different points of the city like a band of gypsies.
3. breakfast with chelsea and haynes at 7A.
4. the union square farmers market on a friday.
5. corrie pellerin's amazing sparkly headband that she made me, her sweet magazine clipping, and the most perfect postcard of a little girl hand sewing, surrounded by her dolls.
6. the best customers a shopgirl could want...i had one brother/sister duo who were in the early 40s come in and paint my nails "poison blue" by Dior; grace's sweet mom alexis brought me tortilla soup; yolanta from la foccaccia brought us rosemary bread and cheese...the list goes on and on.
7. seeing the corner of w. 4th and bank bustling with people lounging at cafes and walking their dogs and taking their sweet babies to the park. it was a very bleak winter and the city has a heartbeat again.
8. the weird japanese restaurant on st. marks that mikey meyers took chelsea, lauren, and joshua to...we didn't actually eat the food but thoroughly enjoyed that they give you free shots of sugar to spin into cotton candy instead of after dinner mints!!!
9. seeing all of my friends wearing the army surplus shorts from work...so darling on my lady friends...absolutely hysterical on the boys at work!
10. lost my promise ring that i wore on one of my necklaces that eddie gave me years ago...and then found it on the sidewalk on my way back from dinner. such a good omen.
11. pinkberry just opened up in the east village. i'm in such trouble!
12. how much i look forward to work everyday. i love my coworker and my sweet managers and my darling clients and my three favorite ladies at the little marc store. we have a good time on our little island.
13. walking home at night and being absolutely mesmerized by the streets lined with powder white cherry blossoms. i am convinced they exploded all at once while i was sleeping.
14. walking to work with my chelsea, pete, or amy. they always seem to notice new details and nuances on our path that i manage to overlook.
15. amy merrick on the sartorialist. well deserved and a lovely photo by scott. my recreation really pales in comparison...
16. eddie's lawyerly responses defending me on a silly gossip website. i love him and i am so glad he is mine. people say our eyes sparkle when we are together, and i think that might be an understatement...
17. working overtime and loving every minute!
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.