Wednesday, April 8, 2009
confessions of a pack rat...
i have too much. of everything. my last flea market excursion left my poor eddie nearly pulling out his hair.
"really ginny, you needed a third birdcage? and how many amputated wooden feet does one person need?!!!! we have five sewing machines and you don't even like to sew!"
the moment i buy something, i attach sentiment to it. there is no theme. no editorial eye. just an ever-growing collection of a madwoman. i am a maximalist.
enough is enough. everything must go. well, not everything.
1. stacks and stacks of untouched fashion magazines dating back to 2003 that i don't know what to do with.
2. heaps and heaps of vintage trims and notions. more than i can shake a fist at.
3. vintage clothing and accessories stored in every nook and cranny. hidden in old suitcases and underneath the bed.
4. old, pretty little hardback books. and new, hideous paperbacks.
5. old paper and ephemera.
6. enough vintage toys and treats to start a darling children's store.
i am going to start slowly parting with my treasures i have gathered over the years. giving away useless junk and selling sweet things i want someone else to love and appreciate. i am ready to leave grey gardens
(which i won a ticket to the advanced screening of-hooray!)
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.