Friday, February 13, 2009
i love love...pre-valentines day gratitudes
while eddie is off seeing deertick at the bowery ballroom and i am at home watching a little princess with pete; i am counting down the minutes 'til it has been one year since we have been engaged. i can't believe it has been a year. here are my favorite things about being in love and reunited with eddie.
1. how we nudge each other awake in the morning to work on our fitness. i am normally hard-pressed to awake from my slumber, let alone before 10 am! now i try and embrace the mornings to squeeze in some exercise with a boy who looks awfully cute in running shorts and a baseball cap.
2. how we text message sweet sentiments throughout the day. me at work, he at class.
3. how on days when he doesn't have class, he walks me to work. even though it is bitterly cold outside and we don't have time to eat breakfast before.
4. how he will wash the dishes, when i "attempt" to cook. luckily, he is easy to please and praises my 10-minute broiled chicken and steamed asparagus. it's very dear, when i am certainly no whiz in the kitchen.
5. how he will surprise me with daisies when he picks me up from work, or bring me magnolia cupcakes(along with my cell phone that i absent-mindedly left on the bed).
6. how at night, he watches the news and reads books on the economy. all while i'm watching rupaul's drag race show(on my computer) or reading miss piggle wiggle's magic. while we share a bottle of wine.
7. how when i'm really tired or upset, he offers to take me to spitzers to eat mac n' cheese. or go around the corner to get peanut butter pie. or just hold me while i cry. or listen to me rant and rave.
8. how he tells me i look beautiful. even when i am embarrassingly out-of-shape. even when i am wearing a crazy outfit. even when i have the worst haircut and hair color that i've ever had. even when i am forced to wear my dorky glasses because i have an eye infection or i've run out of contacts. even when i'm red-faced and sweaty in the middle of summer. he always makes me feel pretty.
9. how he doesn't mind that i'm somewhere between a 5 year old little girl and an 80-year old woman at heart.
10. how he sweetly humors my little collection of stuffed animals and dolls that shares the bed with us. in fact, the fact that he humors all of my collections. i am a collector. of just about everything under the sun. and he only minor-ly hems and haws over the fact that i have 4 tea pots. 2 tea kettles. 6 sewing machines. 3 sets of measuring cups. multiple sets of wooden spoons and rolling pins. metal spatulas, slotted spoons, ladles, can openers, measuring spoons, and cork screws.
and more pyrex serving ware, dusty childrens books, mason jars, old suitcases, haberdashery trims, hats and bows, little girl dresses, costume jewelry, sketchbooks and scrapbooks, spools of thread, scraps of fabric, ribbon, glitter, sequins and buttons than a person can shake a fist at. i am going to be one scary grandmother. terrifying.
i could go on. and on. and on. i love this man with all my heart. i can't believe he's here. i can't believe i get to fall asleep next to him every night and wake up next to him every morning. he is mine for keeps and i love him to the moon and back. and i just can't stop smooching him.
always and forever.
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.