Tuesday, May 6, 2008
may 5 2008 gratitudes
1. today was my first day back at work after the weekend off and it went by really fast. the visuals team was in our store and we re-merchandised all of the new antique jewelry they discovered on their travels in south america and asia. everyone was really kind and open to suggestions.
2. robert duffy thanked me for my card that i sent him.
3. miss susie lopez told me she read my blog! i was so excited. i love this lady, hottest mom in the west village! the little marc girls and i always gush about what a cool mom she is. i hope i'm like that when i have babies...but i have a feeling mine are just going to think i'm a big weirdo.
4. mia from magnolia brought me a cupcake, so sweet. this girl always brightens my day when i see her approach our store.
5. i ran into lorraine kirke at magnolia after work(...yes i'm addicted...). thats another hot mom! i am obsessed with her store, geminola. my love affair began back when i was in savannah reading about her store in lula magazine. i was determined to find it and i literally stumbled across it one day on my walk home for work, by accident. i love happy accidents. and i haven't been able to stay away...
6. i received my two birthday cards from my sweet eddie and one from my best friend kristie. snail mail is the best way to describe how long it takes for mail from georgia to make its way to new york. i love receiving mail from eddie, i can't wait for our children to read how sweet he was to their mother.
7. the little boy gyro, learning how to skateboard at age 2! he was practicing with his daddy and his dad's friend. i was mesmerized. i'm pretty sure i was still eating play dough at that age...and certainly not skillful enough to learn skateboard tricks. kids in new york are like the power breeds of children. so much smarter, so much more fashion forward, so much hipper than kids anywhere else i've seen.
8. my collection of women's world magazines that i unearthed. filled with beautiful advertisements from the early 1900s. i mean, i love being a girl.
9. my favorite graffiti...i dream of love. so true.
10. this lady, luna, came up to me in the gym who i met a long time ago when our store first opened. she told me she had just been thinking about me(how strange and nice at the same time) and wants to collaborate artistically. we both shared how we want to be creative, but in a way that makes a difference. we only want to make money so we can give it all away. i tell you what, i would make one good philanthropist if i ever stumbled upon a large sum of money. oprah watch out!
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.