Thursday, November 22, 2007
1. breakfast with cynthia at cafe gitane before i left for atlanta. and our hilarious cab ride with our pervy cab driver.
2. the new muji store. finally. minimalism done right.
3. gossiping until the wee hours of the night with amy and chelsea.
4. heckedy peg and goosebumps.
5. shopping for kitchenware from my mom's kitchen.
6. black coffee from star provision's with eddie. seems like old times.
7. the charming bearded barista, andy who described a brand of coffee as "hitting you like a candy bar".
8. miss thistlebottom's hongoblins. a charming first edition old book about proper writing. so darling.
9. the sweet children's lamp, baby brush, and silver ducky bank that my mom thrifted for me.
10. kissing eddie in mr. magorium's wonder emporium. we were the only people in the theater.
11. how beautiful atlanta's fall has been. totally trumps nyc.
12. hanging out with kristie, rankin, leila, kerrie, hartley, and travis. laughing a lot!
13. having mini high school reunion's at pool hall, a buckhead bar.
14. sleeping all day thanksgiving on the couch, only waking to eat. comatose like sleep.
15. mother's delicious thanksgiving dinner. amd my take home bag of sugar cookies.
16. riding to the airport with my whole family to see me off.
17. amy made a blog. apple a day. everyone check it out, so precious.
18. coming back to nyc to see that nikki, cheryl, and laraine sent us cupcakes and a card! so thoughtful. i miss them dearly.
19. sweet text messages from all of my dear friends from all over.
20. jose pimienta is in town. visiting chelsea, the love of his life. i love love.
Friday, November 16, 2007
1. my new job. my new boss and coworkers.
2. building the store with amy and alain and frances.
4. helping amy move her couch and laughing at the whole process.
5. my new gold lacrasia gloves. planning out how we can get amy a pair of customized gloves.
6. chelsea cook got hired at marc!!!!!!!!!!!!! we said a group prayer for her. how everyone loves her.
7. hugging paul and telling him how he has changed my life forever.
8. my sweet darling cards to write to my loved ones who live elsewhere.
9. hanging out with frances and amy in brooklyn.
10. my new vintage notebooks from catbird.
11. hanging out with alex at amacord. truly lovely girl. makes perfect sense that james would have found her.
12. amy merrick's apartment. how she is equal parts me, chelsea cook, haylie bird, savannah wyatt, and halligan norris.
13. amy and abby telling me they told their mother's about me. made me want to cry.
14. seeing frances's future engagement ring.
15. how happy chelsea is. and how much she loves the book she is reading.
16. peter.my husband. spending the night in my bed.
17. amy's story of how her parents fell in love.
18. sweetwater dinner, that amy treated chelsea and me to a celebratory dinner. butternut squash soup.frenchfries.keylimepie.dear friends and good conversation.
19. taking the time to write letters to loved ones.
20. all of the good things that lay in store for my dearest friends.
1. walking to work with pete on a cool, crisp, clear fall day. the leaves are changing and it feels magical. now all i need is to find a handsome, charming young man to hold hands with me in the park...
2. pete's positive attitude.
3. being able to work two days in a row with only six hours of sleep combined, and feeling sustainably energized.
4. chelsea's first day at work. and that she starts at the little marc store tomorrow. how everyone is already in love with her.
5. chelsea's new wardrobe. seeing her light up from within. the happiest i have ever seen her. ever.
6. frances's dream came true. she is the manager of the children's store. power of positive thinking.
7. james hugged me and seemed genuinely touched by the notebook that i gave him. his sincerity is always high on my gratitude list.
8. seeing james working with the visual team.
9. being giggly girls with amy and frances.
10. haylie bird's new blog post. made me want to cry.
11. susie farhandi and paul sanford, for making my dreams come true.
12. my fishtail braided pigtails.
13. chris weir for making me laugh all day long.
14. butternut squash soup.
15. john gardner finally got what he deserves. he is my newest coworker! and everyone loves him.
16. realizing that i might get to go home for thankgiving.
17. after work dinner with amy, kate, and frances. black coffee and key lime pie.
18. the new steiff toys that are going to be carried at the little marc store...one of which is a hedgehog!
19. talking to my mother on the phone.
20. the future is looking bright...for everyone i love.
copyrights. credits. recognition...
hey y'all, if i have not given proper or accurate credit to a photo on this blog, please let me know. everything i post is meant to be shared in the most positive, complimentary fashion. if you see a photo of yours and you would like me to remove it, please do not hesitate to ask and i will do so immediately.